All organic production has transformed hand-picked grapes from A-grade NZ vineyards into Naked’s first Central Otago Pinot Noir. A true ‘winemakers fantasy’ wine!
This Pinot’s been treated to wild yeast fermentation with 20% whole bunches in the mix for extra depth and length. After a gentle press, it’s taken a nap in French oak for 11 months to mature and reach peak balance.
This is a classic Pinot Noir - packing a ripe, spicy, dark cherry scent and lush fresh berry flavours. It’s drinking beautifully now in its youth, but if you can be patient, it will smooth out and its berryness will darken over the next few years.
- Mike's detailed blend of grapes from five sub regions is an essential part of maintaining the style and quality of his Lay of the Land Sauvignon Blanc. He's sourced fruit from the best growers to optimise its natural quality and craft wines with minimal intervention.
- The Rapaura grapes give structure and a herbal lift and the Lower Wairau grapes gift the palate with passionfruit and floral notes. The Waihopai Valley component adds citrus drive and weight to the mouth feel. This magical combination translates to a seriously approachable and balanced drop to please any white wine lover!
- At under $14 for Angels, you will shock all your friends with this unbelievably tasty and pocket-friendly wine! The perfect wine to have stocked in the fridge for unexpected company.
- This Pinot Noir is helping to change the game, letting the Marlborough's red strengths shine through along side it's famous Sauv Blancs. The cool climate where Bill & Claudia have sourced these grapes from are perfectly suited to the whims of Pinot Noir, probably the most fickle of the leading varietals.
- Every flavour box is ticked! Heady aromas of violets and cherries, and a palate that's medium-bodied, with fine tannins and a lingering savoury finish.
- This is a treat that over delivers at every level - small batch, hand picked, wild yeast fermented, hand plunged, then matured for 10 months in oak barrels prior to bottling. What more could a wine for under $22 deliver? Almost unheard of! It must be Naked...
Dayne & Marc’s Rosé is made from 100% Pinot Noir grapes. Sharing the same beginnings as their red, it’s made by the Saigneé technique - taking a portion of Pinot Noir juice from the main fermentation tank after one day so it retains just a very light pale red colour.
It’s a perfect glass of pink, bursting with ripe strawberry characters, a creamy texture, refreshing acidity and a clean, dry finish.
This wine is a dedication to the hard yards done in the vineyard to develop this notoriously difficult grape to perfection. When the extra work is done right, the finished wine is an absolute gem. And here it is.
- This wine started life in the Kenneally’s vineyard in the Wairau Valley of the Marlborough region. The cool climate is very similar to Burgundy, the home of Chardonnay.
- The 5% Viognier grapes included give the wine a delightful apricot note that compliments the traditional ripe peach. It’s a bright citrus driven drop with flint, toast and creamy biscuit hints from barrel fermentation on lees (dead yeast).
- The vineyard has completed the conversion to organic and is fully certified. A great Chardonnay at a great price from multi-award winning producers!
Dayne & Marc have used a raft of different winemaking techniques on individual parcels of Pinot Gris before expertly blending them together. Some have been fermented as whole berries, others in small oak barrels - just some of the techniques that build complexity into this intriguing wine.
Flavour, flavour, flavour is the story of the 2022 harvest. This Pinot Gris is packed with intense floral scents with pear and peach, giving way to a gorgeously smooth mouthful and refreshing lengthy finish. It's a lovely partner for friends and rich food.
This drop has the potential to cellar for up to 10 years. If you love a NZ Pinot Gris, or have always wanted to try one, we highly recommend you nab this one and let our newest winemakers know what you think!
- Marlborough lovers stop here! Mike's latest Destination vintage brings you an amazing chance to experience all that New Zealand's premier Sauvignon Blanc growing region has to offer. This wine is a blend of three different vineyard sites in Marlborough's southern valleys.
- The clay based soils where the fruit parcels were grown provide texture and depth of flavour to the gorgeous citrus, stone fruit and elderflower palate layers. The acid is seamlessly integrated into the fleshy and vibrantly fruited palate, making for a long and clean finish. A huge drinkability and food friendly factors tick all boxes for terrific value and versatility as an anytime crowd pleaser!
- This is a drop that will liven your senses, treat your tastebuds and delight as a drink on it's own or if matched with an equally tasty meal. Dive in to the wonderful clarity and vibrancy of this white and let it take you to your relaxation Destination.
Here’s a real treasure - a wine that’s hard to find in the Waipara Valley, NZ. Made in a style that genuinely reflects the Pinot Noir grape (not just a red wine), Dayne and Marc have used a clever combination of winemaking techniques to bring this drop to life.
Open this bottle to enjoy a Pinot Noir packed with ripe raspberry, black plum and blackberry flavours. It's bright and juicy with a deliciously smooth finish.
This wine is a dedication to the hard yards done in the windswept vineyard to develop this notoriously difficult grape to perfection. When the extra work is done right, the finished wine is an absolute gem. You must try it!
- Mike loves his Pinot, and even when working for a top New Zealand winery, yearned to make his very own. Well, we came up with the funding and now he's going it alone - and producing classic NZ Pinot for all our Angels.
- Think ripe black cherry with a hint of raspberry, a touch of herbs and spice and a bundle of juicy sweetness in the mid palate, all finished off with smooth tannins and hey presto! The perfect Pinot.
- Angel's love this wine, and it is sure to impress! It is a versatile and flavour packed wine, full of dark, vibrant fruit on release that will continue to evolve it's complexities in the bottle over a couple of years.
- Mike’s out to make wines that sing of where they’ve grown, for people who like to drink them - that’s you! He fell in love with Pinot Noir in Burgundy years ago and now has brought you a different expression of that grape - a Rosé.
- Hailing from magnificent Marlborough in NZ, 12 hours was all the time Mike let this charming drop sit on its skins to draw out the perfect shade of pink. It's been hand picked and carefully crafted into a delicious strawberry and floral number with all the bells and whistles - flavour, creaminess and refreshing acidity.
- At the mercy of the big wine retailers for years, Mike loves being Naked. He looks forward to hearing from Angels as they help him shape his wines. “It’s been a breath of fresh air” he smiles.