Pristine fruit from the estate, new and traditional winemaking techniques and a long sleep in the cellar have resulted in a distinguished 8-year-old Shiraz.
Gorgeous red cherry, cocoa and spice at first give way to dark fruits like blackberry conserve with a touch of anise. All finished off with fine tannins providing a well balanced, elegant finish for a wine of its age.
This is a rare affordable chance to get an aged red from a single vineyard estate in a region renowned for producing award winning wines since the 1860’s. Perfect for drinking now - why would you wait?
- A WA Riesling from the blokes that bring you Scribe.
- 30yr-old vines were persuaded to give up their treasure for this classy cool-climate drop. Deliciously crunchy and crisp, get ready for lime leaf, peach and musk with vibrant citrus flavours and a long zippy finish.
- There are so few of these about, they'll be gone in a flash. Pick yours up and set the table for a summer feast!
- This Pinot Noir is helping to change the game, letting the Marlborough's red strengths shine through along side it's famous Sauv Blancs. The cool climate where Bill & Claudia have sourced these grapes from are perfectly suited to the whims of Pinot Noir, probably the most fickle of the leading varietals.
- Every flavour box is ticked! Heady aromas of violets and cherries, and a palate that's medium-bodied, with fine tannins and a lingering savoury finish.
- This is a treat that over delivers at every level - small batch, hand picked, wild yeast fermented, hand plunged, then matured for 10 months in oak barrels prior to bottling. What more could a wine for under $22 deliver? Almost unheard of! It must be Naked...
Dayne & Marc’s Rosé is made from 100% Pinot Noir grapes. Sharing the same beginnings as their red, it’s made by the Saigneé technique - taking a portion of Pinot Noir juice from the main fermentation tank after one day so it retains just a very light pale red colour.
It’s a perfect glass of pink, bursting with ripe strawberry characters, a creamy texture, refreshing acidity and a clean, dry finish.
This wine is a dedication to the hard yards done in the vineyard to develop this notoriously difficult grape to perfection. When the extra work is done right, the finished wine is an absolute gem. And here it is.
- The secret sauce to this red is the combination of three old vine Mataro vineyards on the Barossa Valley 'floor' - one over 140 years old. The quality of the grapes is down to the dedication and passion of the growers. Their transformation into this sensational red - also known as Mourvèdre - is down to one of Australias most awarded winemakers!
- Tim’s ‘unfussy’ approach to winemaking has let the fruit shine and produced a rich, pristine wine that’s had some time in old French barrels to soften out. Cheekily named after a drumming pattern, it won't hang around here for long!
- Mataro has a deliciously distinct characters - the scent of dark blue fruits, Kirsch (a dry cherry ‘brandy’) and Chinese 5 spice. Pair it with Chinese BBQ duck and Tim says it reminds him of walking through Chinatown on a summer's evening..
Dayne & Marc have used a raft of different winemaking techniques on individual parcels of Pinot Gris before expertly blending them together. Some have been fermented as whole berries, others in small oak barrels - just some of the techniques that build complexity into this intriguing wine.
Flavour, flavour, flavour is the story of the 2022 harvest. This Pinot Gris is packed with intense floral scents with pear and peach, giving way to a gorgeously smooth mouthful and refreshing lengthy finish. It's a lovely partner for friends and rich food.
This drop has the potential to cellar for up to 10 years. If you love a NZ Pinot Gris, or have always wanted to try one, we highly recommend you nab this one and let our newest winemakers know what you think!
- The label says it all - this wine is poetry in a glass. A stunningly intense single vineyard Barossa Shiraz you just can’t get anywhere else. If you’ve tried the Scribe before, this is its big brother.
- 2019 was a great vintage with exceptional grapes coming off the 25-year-old vines. From this fantastic base, Paul and Ralph poured in their considerable experience to deliver you a pristine and powerful reserve wine.
- A swirl in the glass unlocks its red fruits and black cherry, and layers of mocha, vanilla and black pepper. Take a sip to experience intense red fruits, plum, spice and toasty oak. This ripe and flavoursome style has soft, subtle tannins which linger and leave you wanting.
- Different blocks of grapes were sourced from the Woodside vineyard in the stunning Adelaide Hills and skilfully crafted into a fragrant, aromatic Savvy B by Mr McLaren Vale - Ben Riggs.
- It’s a bright, crisp, high-quality delight from the first sip to the last drop. Expect big, juicy tropical fruit with a splash of melon and nashi pear to follow.
- Enjoy it now in its prime and serve as cold as possible, especially during the warmer summer months. It’s as happy on its own as with fresh seafood or a chicken salad - fresh and fabulous!
- Get ready for coffee, red cherry and a hint of herbs when you let it loose. Once in the glass you’ll discover sweet red berry fruit and choccy mocha with soft tannins and just the right touch of acidity for a lasting and enjoyable finish.
This is a rare affordable chance to get an aged red from a single vineyard estate in a region renowned for producing award winning wines since the 1860’s. Perfect for drinking now - why would you wait?!
Here’s a real treasure - a wine that’s hard to find in the Waipara Valley, NZ. Made in a style that genuinely reflects the Pinot Noir grape (not just a red wine), Dayne and Marc have used a clever combination of winemaking techniques to bring this drop to life.
Open this bottle to enjoy a Pinot Noir packed with ripe raspberry, black plum and blackberry flavours. It's bright and juicy with a deliciously smooth finish.
This wine is a dedication to the hard yards done in the windswept vineyard to develop this notoriously difficult grape to perfection. When the extra work is done right, the finished wine is an absolute gem. You must try it!