- 1.5L of premium Red, that’s already been cellared and is absolutely superb. It’s a perfect match for the table on Christmas Day. Winemaker Leighton Joy used organically grown fruit (not yet officially certified), sourced from his Pyren vineyard in Victoria’s Pyrenees. The grapes are of pristine quality; “of the highest calibre”, Leighton affirms.
- It has lovely red and blackberry fruit aromas, a nudge of spice that gives it just the right amount of warmth and a welcome hint of oak. There’s just the loveliest touch of vanilla too, making this a highly approachable, balanced and enjoyable drop. It’s never been on the shelves before, and Leighton says you’ll enjoy his “plush, soft, welcoming” Shiraz.
- There are delightful black pepper notes, typical of the best Victorian Shiraz, which add lovely spice and complexity. Leighton’s Shiraz is warm on your palate, with soft, building tannins. You’ll appreciate the extra this exclusive Magnum size offers - it’s a real crowd pleaser, so there should just about be enough for everyone to enjoy! Leighton advises this “serious” wine has potential to age to 2030.
Leighton Joy’s method traditional Sparkling Shiraz is a visual sensation on pouring with its stunning pink mousse, serious stuff. The perfect way to enjoy Shiraz as the temperatures rise over Summer.
A generous palate of plump black cherry, wild plum and marzipan is met with clove, juniper, capocollo and freshly cracked black pepper, this complex wine is underwritten with opulent Hungarian and French oak and the slightest fortification through dosage.
Made from Shiraz fruit that Leighton himself planted with his Dad, over 16 years ago, this is a true labour of love.
The fruit for this wine was grown on the Forest Hut vineyard in the Pyrenees wine region of Victoria. An unirrigated vineyard growing small tiny berries packed with colour and flavour.
The Shiraz has an inky depth of colour and shows a lovely magenta red at the rim. The aroma is of dark cherries, chocolate and also a blackcurrant note. On the palate the wine is rich and has a plush 'slipperiness' to it. A great concentration of flavour, and loads of power and weight, but combined with a roundness which makes it a really enjoyable drink.
I'm always hesitant to publicly mention benchmark wines from this vineyard, but can I say that this is up there with some of the best Australian Shiraz, that would comfortably sit with wines over $60 per bottle.
- Here’s a treat for the adventurous! Leighton’s Pet Nat (short for Pétillant-Naturel or ‘naturally sparkling’) has been made from organically farmed Shiraz and Sauvignon Blanc grapes using an ancient method where fermentation finishes in the bottle.
- The result is a slightly cloudy and rustic sparkling wine, screaming of fresh, crisp strawberry and watermelon, and a spritzy texture at every turn.
- Don’t fear the bottle sediment! This is an integral part of this wine. Just dive in and expand your vinous horizons, knowing you’re supporting a truly great Victorian independent winemaker.
- A tricky little grape to tame, but a delight when you get it right…! Enjoy this graceful example, fermented with wild yeast on the grape skins and aged in quality French oak.
- Swill your glass to release its cherry, five spice, rose violet and bitter orange scent. Each sip will let strawberry, liquorice, dark chocolate and cedarwood sensations unfold and linger on your tongue.
- Leighton has Angels to thank for giving him the freedom to make the wines he loves, like this. Your reward is to try it and tell him what you think!
- A delicate blend of Shiraz and Pinot Gris from pristine vineyards in Victoria’s outstanding Pyrenees and Bendigo regions.
- Made by a Young Gun of Wine finalist who’s put his own spin on this drop and created a beautiful coral-coloured gem, packed with fresh strawberries and stone fruit.
- This one's just perfect for picnics and patio drinks, and at under $14 for Angels, a seriously tempting steal!
- This truly beautiful drop will tantalise anyone looking for a red with a twist. Leighton's Cab will send aromas of blackcurrant, blueberry and cacao with dried herb notes whirling around your glass! Wonderfully unique, with a huge thumbs up from thousands of Angels!
- If you can hold on to a few bottles for a while, the palate will develop various layers and surprise from year to year. Plum, raspberry, and blackberry are front and centre when tasting, with peppercorn spice, mint and aniseed notes all present as well.
- Toasty French oak meets with earthy tannin to finish each delectable gulp! Victorian Pyrenees quality at an Angel price this low is certainly a steal so get in quick & see what all the fuss is about!