- It’s the rarity of cool climate Malbec in WA that makes this wine so unique. Mike was lucky to get his hands on such prized fruit!
- Grown on the deep gravel soils at Frankland River, it’s been respectfully crafted by an award-winnig winemaker and allowed to mature for a full 11 months in new French oak.
- Crack open the bottle to let loose an intense earthy red, brimming with ripe mulberry and blueberry fruit and plush, mouth filling tannins that give each sensuous sip a real presence.
- Langhorne Creek is one of Australia’s oldest wine regions and is the traditional home of the Ngarrindjeri of the lower Murray River, western Fleurieu Peninsula, and the Coorong. It is an historic South Australian wine region, dating back to the 1850s and winemaker Geoff Thompson has sourced fruit for his magnificent Malbec from this exact spot. High quality, low yielding vines have delivered grapes that are outstanding quality - and a wine that’s hard to beat.
- You need to carefully tend to the vines to produce a Malbec of this quality - with dark, inky colour, robust tannins and a great intensity of flavour. Geoff has perfectly balanced the wine between a welcome intensity and elegant drinkability. “The fruit is amazing, we just assisted the potential of the grapes to shine,” he claims.
- There are bright, delectable fruit aromas consisting of blackberry, plum, black cherry and hints of violet. In your mouth, it tastes velvety and smooth, bursting with blackberry and plum flavours. We warn you though, it’s incredibly moreish! Not too heavy, not too light, this small batch wine ticks all the boxes. (And be warned, there are only 6000 bottles available!)
Tantalise your tastebuds with this new release from the Rabbit & Spaghetti team. It’s so brand new, in fact, that no Angel has ever tried it before! This Clare Valley Malbec is an all new wine for Naked Winemaker Adam Barton, and he’s so excited for you to try it.
Sourced from a vineyard at White Hut in the coveted Clare Valley, the grapes are super ripe and concentrated, resulting in an incredible, flavour-packed wine. The nose is brooding, with intense dark fruit aromas dancing in step with black coffee, vanilla and white pepper. With dark berry fruits, tobacco, mocha and fine tannins doing a tango in your mouth, you’ll be hard pressed to resist this juicy, full-bodied Red.
Hungry? Adam says his newest wine is perfectly paired with char-grilled meats on the BBQ. “If you’re going for a picnic or heading off on a camping trip, pick up a bottle or two to share by the campfire,” he suggests. Count us in!
Nigel has poured his heart and soul into crafting this next Margaret River masterpiece for Angels. A tiny small batch creation of Malbec blended from unique, small parcels has resulted in a complex, incomparable and extremely moreish Malbec!
Each individual batch was hand plunged and partial barrel fermented and is a very rare example of a straight Margaret River Malbec. This is a big wine but the fruit is so huge and juicy you don't really notice!
It is a dry style red with great fruit sweetness. You’ll experience hints of blackberries, cherries, violets spice and fine french oak. Once you try it you’ll know what extraordinary value this wine is - it’ll be gone in the blink of an eye. Perfect with a huge argentinian style steak or a vegetarian lasagna with plenty of cheese, crunchy pasta and well reduced tomato sauce.