- A superb example of how a blend should be done. Super high quality Shiraz grapes have been used that showcase four separate vineyards - Sellicks Hill, McLaren Vale, McLaren Flat and Blewitt Springs. Each site expresses Shiraz in its own unique way and come together to really sing. Complemented by both old bush vine Grenache and carefully grown Grenache grapes, this is a wine that demonstrates the whole is far greater than the sum of its parts.
- A standout example of skilled winemaking by master craftsman Geoff Thompson, who has earned himself a reputation for being an exceptional blender. The wine is a lovely deep garnet in colour, promising a rich and ripe flavour it more than delivers on. With depth from the Shiraz supported by raspberry and spice from the Grenache and earthy notes from the Mourvedre, there is a distinct harmony to this wine and an underlying, satisfying richness.
- Matured mostly in seasoned French Oak barrels, there was also a touch of new oak used for the Shiraz maturing, which has given the wine a nudge of toasty oak. High quality fruit and Geoff’s clever winemaking has delivered a drop that promises to be extra great with a hearty meal. It’s the first time Grounded Cru have released an SGM and it’s available in strictly limited supply - so be sure to grab a bottle before it’s all snapped up!
- Langhorne Creek is one of Australia’s oldest wine regions and is the traditional home of the Ngarrindjeri of the lower Murray River, western Fleurieu Peninsula, and the Coorong. It is an historic South Australian wine region, dating back to the 1850s and winemaker Geoff Thompson has sourced fruit for his magnificent Malbec from this exact spot. High quality, low yielding vines have delivered grapes that are outstanding quality - and a wine that’s hard to beat.
- You need to carefully tend to the vines to produce a Malbec of this quality - with dark, inky colour, robust tannins and a great intensity of flavour. Geoff has perfectly balanced the wine between a welcome intensity and elegant drinkability. “The fruit is amazing, we just assisted the potential of the grapes to shine,” he claims.
- There are bright, delectable fruit aromas consisting of blackberry, plum, black cherry and hints of violet. In your mouth, it tastes velvety and smooth, bursting with blackberry and plum flavours. We warn you though, it’s incredibly moreish! Not too heavy, not too light, this small batch wine ticks all the boxes. (And be warned, there are only 6000 bottles available!)
- Noses at the ready - this Riesling is an aromatic delight! This is its inaugural release, and is the first time the legendary Jen Pfeiffer has made a Riesling outside of her home state of Victoria.
- The Hero Riesling is classically Clare Valley, infused with Jen’s rocking redhead personality! A bouquet of fresh grapefruit, lime, jasmine and apple blossom entices you in, and a palate abundant with Nashi pear, lime juice, minerality and a lengthy finish will keep you coming back for more.
- This Hero Riesling is begging to be drunk now. Enjoy every sip of another wine made possible by Angel backing!
- A pre-aged Chardonnay from a single estate vineyard? Yes please! This sensational drop is already at its best and is ready to be enjoyed. It’s been made with grapes carefully selected from Stratford’s own family owned vineyard on the banks of the Goulburn River in Central Victoria. A long growing season allowed the grapes to mature to a delectable full ripeness, and an early morning harvest ensured the pristine quality was locked away, ready to be unleashed in the finished wine.
- With delicious fruit flavours of white peach and nashi pear, there’s also notes of vanilla and spice which are thanks to its fermentation in French oak. It’s soft and rounded in your mouth, and you’ll also enjoy white melon and ripe stonefruits on your tongue, with lemon meringue and field herbs providing a lovely final flavour.
- Low yielding, mature vines have delivered a wine with great complexity. This is a premium Chardonnay that demonstrates what exceptional fruit and quality winemaking can deliver - plus the benefit of a few years within the bottle to finesse even further.
- Wine legends Caroline Dunn and Nigel Dolan have taken a deliberately uncomplicated approach to this quality wine. The fruit truly sings, and their gentle handling has delivered a wonderfully flavourful wine, with soft, balanced tannins. It has been made with grapes plucked from Langhorne Creek, a place legendary for its deep, alluvial soils.
- The fruit in this Shiza has a soft plushness and depth, with bright berry flavours that leave a lovely silky feel in your mouth. It’s rich, and packed with aromas of blackcurrant, blackberry and mulberry. Gentle hints of oak and warm spice and green peppercorn make this a really interesting wine, and its balanced acidity and lingering flavours ensure you’ll be ready to pour a second glass very happily.
- “It’s the ideal wine for relaxed dinners, Friday night drinks and weekend barbeques,” the skilful team suggests - and we completely concur. It’s well-structured and easy to enjoy, showcasing everything there is to love about a classy Shiraz with plenty of depth.
- Make room on your wine rack - this plush, lush ready-to-drink Cabernet is going to make a wonderful addition.
- Fruit for this wine was harvested from one of the most iconic red wine regions in WA - the Frankland River. Here, you’ll find some of the most awarded red wines in Australia. This Army Of Grapes Cabernet offers incredible value for money - bottles from Frankland River can cost upwards of $35.
- For ultimate enjoyment, make sure you decant at least 20 minutes before you plan to sip. Serve with rib eye on the bone, with creamy mash and peppercorn sauce.
- This delicate Prosecco Rosé comes from the Veneto region of Italy. It gets its delightful blush and aromatic characters from the Pinot Nero grapes that were included with the traditional Prosecco varietal, Glera.
- A stunning pale salmon pink in colour, this lively drop has had a second fermentation in the tank to coax out the fine bubbles. This is called the charmat method (known as Martinotti in Italy).
- It's such great value for a pure Italian Rosé Prosecco. Pick one up to enjoy on the deck as the sun goes down - that's what we'd call la Dolce Vita!
- Created from grapes from dedicated family growers right across the Valley, this juicy red is a unique Barossa symphony and one of the regions’s most charismatic blends.
- Caroline brings together three legendary Barossa varieties to create a wine bursting with charm and grace. Grenache for its luscious, silky fruit, Shiraz for its richness and depth, and Mataro for spice and structure. The result is a sleek, juicy wine with summer berry flavours, a hint of spice and smooth tannins.
- Lively and plush, this traditional Barossa blend is given a graceful, modern twist. Perfect to enjoy on its own or with a wide range of foods. It won’t be around for long!
This wine delivers an amazing aroma and is packed with flavours of wild berries and dried herbs. It has silky tannins, and a gentle touch of oak. Italian Reds can be quite tannic and dry, but this is very approachable and lovely and juicy with a rich, deep colour.
Sourced from a number of regional vineyards in the Abruzzo region of Italy, the fruit was carefully selected to ensure ripeness and flavour was wonderfully reflected in the finished wine. There was a carefully limited level of grapes harvested, under the traditional Denominazione Di Origine Controllata regulations, ensuring optimal quality.
This is a great “food” wine, rustic, bold with some real oompf to it. (And at $18.99 a bottle, it’s a bold wine with a beautiful price.)
- The Cabernet Sauvignon and Malbec fruit for this wine were selected from fine vineyards in the warmer northern region of Margaret River.
- Here, black fruit, mint and cassis from the Cabernet tango seductively with blueberry jam and mocha from the Malbec. Together rich plum and blackcurrant flavours dance with chocolate, savoury spices and fine grained tannins on the tongue.
- This is a unique varietal combination out of Margaret River, with bold but delicate flavours. Like all our wines, it's exlusive to Naked and incredible vale for money.