- A portion of this delicious Grenache hails from ancient dry grown bush vines on Geoff’s home vineyard in McLaren Flat - they’re over 90 years old! The rest comes from 26-year-old vines from Sellicks Hill at the southern end of McLaren Vale, overlooking the sea.
- Made in small batches, open fermented and pressed into oak barrels to mature, this is elegance and intensity in a glass. Packed to the rafters with raspberry and plum flavours, there's a spicy note that kicks in as it weaves its velvety way along your tongue.
- Made by a former Senior Winemaker for the Tahbilk Group in Victoria, you know this juicy little red going to be good!
- A superb example of how a blend should be done. Super high quality Shiraz grapes have been used that showcase four separate vineyards - Sellicks Hill, McLaren Vale, McLaren Flat and Blewitt Springs. Each site expresses Shiraz in its own unique way and come together to really sing. Complemented by both old bush vine Grenache and carefully grown Grenache grapes, this is a wine that demonstrates the whole is far greater than the sum of its parts.
- A standout example of skilled winemaking by master craftsman Geoff Thompson, who has earned himself a reputation for being an exceptional blender. The wine is a lovely deep garnet in colour, promising a rich and ripe flavour it more than delivers on. With depth from the Shiraz supported by raspberry and spice from the Grenache and earthy notes from the Mourvedre, there is a distinct harmony to this wine and an underlying, satisfying richness.
- Matured mostly in seasoned French Oak barrels, there was also a touch of new oak used for the Shiraz maturing, which has given the wine a nudge of toasty oak. High quality fruit and Geoff’s clever winemaking has delivered a drop that promises to be extra great with a hearty meal. It’s the first time Grounded Cru have released an SGM and it’s available in strictly limited supply - so be sure to grab a bottle before it’s all snapped up!
James-Paul Marin’s Reserve McLaren Vale Shiraz comes from iconic 74-year-old McLaren Vale vines. The prized fruit is so good it’s fought over by the districts winemakers each year!
No expense has been spared nor any short cut taken in making this wine. James held back the very best Shiraz and aged it for a further 12 months to create this Reserve label release.
This top shelf wonder is in the super league. A bold and generous Shiraz that will set tongues wagging at any dinner party and an absolute bargain for Angels!
Home to Mark and Emma Kenneally, Culley Road basks in the Mediterranean climate of McLaren Vale. The A-grade vineyard that used to supply Penfolds is now in conversion to certified organic status and managed with the love and attention that the A&K team is known for.
This is a big and intense red wine - think cherries and blackcurrants with a dusting of pepper-powered mocha. It's all about that magnificent fruit!
Hailing from a vineyard that previously supplied fruit for $150 bottles of wine, this Shiraz is an Angel bargain! Tuck a few away for a rainy day – they’ll evolve beautifully in the cellar for the next 10 years.
A blend of four different Shiraz parcels from the Blewitt Springs and McLaren Flat sub-regions of McLaren Vale for their plush rich red fruits with powerful intensity and length. Each has its own unique qualities and together they create a very special wine.
16 months maturing in new and aged French oak barrels has let the flavours and tannins mingle and soften before blending to perfection just before bottling. Only the slightest filtration was used to preserve the flavors.
Crack the cap to unleash a beautifully complex and elegant Shiraz. You'll taste plenty of red fruits and plums, along with some dried herbs and subtle spices. The tannins are smooth and the finish is lingering, making this an all-round winner.
- After a two year hiatus due to extreme weather conditions, winemaking team Dan Binet and John Colvin are delighted to finally present their carefully crafted 2022 Shiraz.
- The Hunter Valley duo got their grape-stained hands on some fruit from McLaren Vale in order to do so… the place where John first fell in love with wine many years earlier. In fact, it was Adelaide where John landed when he travelled to Australia from Scotland in 1959 as a Ten Pound Pom. This special vintage of Montvalley is a nod to John’s original home state.
- Ready to drink right now, it’s a fantastically bold, full-bodied Shiraz. With an irresistible aroma of purple spice plum, wild raspberry and sweet oak, this is silky in your mouth. It’s also backed by just enough acid to give the wine structure and elegance.
- Geoff has included the finest of each varietal to create this GSM treat, from the most suitable soil types around McLaren Vale. The synergy of the three grapes creates a delicious drop that shines with all sorts of food! Antipasto anyone?
- Not to be mistaken with the powerful reds from the region, the GSM is soft and refined, with beautifully balanced flavours. Pretty raspberry and cherry will sing out from your ruby coloured glass. It's complex earthiness leads to a long finish that will have you coming back for more...
- Championing one of the most underrated red grapes in Australia currently - Grenache - Geoff is proud to get this hand crafted beauty in to the hands of the Angels who have supported him so generously.
No expense has been spared in producing this classic Cabernet, sourced from two of the finest spots in McLaren Vale where the vines have flourished for more than 25 years. The depth of flavor those wiley grapes give is amazing!
Aged in both new and old French oak barrels for over a year, the result is a rich and complex red. Pour a glass to unleash bucketfuls of blackberries, mulberries, dark plums and herbaceous notes, finished off with a shake of spice and elegant tannins.
Sophisticated when required and approachable enough for a midweek treat, this big-hearted Cabernet Sauvignon is sure to become a favorite in no time.
- John and Dan have brought you a special MV vintage in honour of John's adoptive home state, SA. 2022 was a tough vintage for Shiraz in the Hunter, so to not disappoint Angels, John went in search of grapes in the spot he had always held a deep affection for, McLaren Vale.
This delicious blend is the perfect balance of these two grapes - the Cabernet brings elegance and the Shiraz ripe fruit flavours and velvety richness. Smelling like a slice of Christmas cake, you'll get a hint of oak and savoury edge.
It's through the support of Naked Angels that John and Dan have the freedom to bring you incredible wines like this at an amazing price. A true win, win!
Hamish’s masterful blend showcases the best of both varieties, over-delivering once again thanks to top-notch fruit from a stunning vintage. At the prestigious 2023 MGA Insurance McLaren Vale Wine Show it won the Trophy for Best Shiraz Predominant Blend.
This rich, smooth crimson drop is full of flavours like ripe cherries and plum with hints of clove. Past vintages have taken out trophies at McLaren Vale wine shows!
Fantastic value for money, as is the Naked way. Angels - put this one in your cart before it’s gone!